Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Day to Day Breakdown with the Axion Mandela


It's been over a month now that I've been skating in the Axion "Mandelas" and I know that much more has been said than shown from these shoes so here is the detailed break down. The photos in the "I've been getting some Axion" post were from the very first day of skating, the following consists of days 2 thru 6 and my last day of skating them.

Day 2

 Side
 

Day 3

 

Day 4

 

Day 5

 
 

Day 6

 
 
 
 
 
I know that at first glance it just seems like a whole bunch of photos of the same shoe in the same angles but I took the time to take each of these photos carefully so that you could see the day to day abuse the shoe takes and how it handles. Overall I feel like I haven't done much justice to the Mandela shoe considering that even on the last day of skating it for little over a month the sole and suede still didn't come apart.

The sole isn't a rubbery finish but a hard rubber sole with several durable layers that wear away slowly. Unlike, lets say a rubbery sole, it doesn't tear large chunks of the shoe if you mess up on a kickflip or get overly aggressive with an untimely ollie and the suede is just the same.

Its a harsh suede with a smooth finish. At first glace I didn't think that a triple stitch suede toe cap would stop the shoe from ripping all that much but it stood the test of time. Even more so, after futher looking into the shoe I even managed to find some stitched layers under the suede as well.

Although like any other shoe the after so much impact from skating, the shoe started to sag a little over the side but not as bad as some other shoes I've skated in the past. So thats whatever.

Starting this shoe review I didn't think so much could come from a revamped brand of shoe. Axion, a shoe brand that was much respected but faded out in the past seems to have a new and improved formula, both for their shoes and team, and looks like they have a bright future ahead of them.

Last Day

 

No comments:

Post a Comment