Friday, April 29, 2011

Skateboarding is all about Nostalgia.

This post isn't hyping the latest review or promoting any new products. You might consider it filler material until the next review but this is too close to heart to be considered that. It's about promoting something that most skateboarders do every so often, reminisce.



Above is the link to the first skate video I was ever given. I think I was in 5th or 6th grade. My friend didn't skateboard but had a cousin that did and he foolishly left this 411vm issue 23 at his house. THANK YOU. My friend asked me if I wanted it and the next day I received a wrinkled 411vm box, with the tape inside. THANK YOU AGAIN. I don't know whether this moment created the monster I am today (btw I mean monster in the "I'm pathetically addicted to skateboarding." kinda way) but I can definitely say that it broadened my thoughts about skating then. I'm not going to go to in detail about it but the other day I felt an urge to find this video after years of not seeing it. The internet can solve everything nowadays and since finding this link, I've been showing all my friends and most of them have never seen this one. I think this might've been one that slipped through the cracks for some people. I would love to say that I have the box and vhs still with me today, but knowing my mom, she probably threw it out a long time ago when I moved out. Love you still ma, but that was dirty. Happy Mother's Day...I guess.


"Remember back in the day? Man, them days is over."

 If I changed the settings below correctly, you can go ahead and post the first skate video you ever saw in our comment box below. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment