Friday, April 6, 2012

DC is fucking with us.

Thanks Ryan Gee for providing this photo.


Since around February, I've been going back and forth with DC about reviewing what looks to be the most anticipated shoe of the year. No, this is not some ridiculous claim but is indeed fact. It's my generations chance to finally put our money where our mouth is and support some throwback technology we've been fiending for. Sure, people's demand for a Lynx comeback has been highly anticipated but upon looking at them on the shelves in 2012, would any of us really buy them?

I had a similar experience about a month or two ago. I walked into a local antique toy store (can't believe these still exist) and it was during my lunch break so I had only anticipated looking around with a slight urge to possibly buy something. After making a lap around the store and finding one or two things that caught my eye, I found my prize. There they were, sock'em boppers. As a kid, I clearly didn't get everything I wanted, no kid ever should. If this were to happen, we'd be back in medieval times due to the popular demand of ponies for girls and swords for boys. This could also help us globally with the reduction of car exhaust into the ozone layer but that's a whole other story. So, this situation has fallen in my lap. I could do what I please with my hard earned money, buy these sock'em boppers and beat the shit out of my big brother like I intended to decades ago when these came out. I'm not going to do that. They were a reasonable price but we're all grown up now. Sorry to burst your bubble but no one's going to buy a Lynx if they were to be reissued the same way I didn't buy sock'em boppers. DC would ultimately go bankrupt if they ever fulfilled any of our nostalgic requests, the same way eS did when they re-released Accels.

On an uplifting note, I got a surprising email from DC's marketing team last week. They want to put us on the media list and give us some advance pairs of Josh Kalis' Centric S to review. Clearly we're fucking excited and can't wait to skate them and let you know how good they are. The Centric is going to be released around June but we'll be getting them around May. We'll cover everything from how well they skate to how 'cuff friendly' they are with your best pair of Levi's.

In all seriousness though, I've been running a ton recently and have been dissecting running shoes obsessively. If you know anything about how well some air bubbles can perform and help you support-wise, this shoe could be at the forefront of bringing back a good thing to this vulc infested game.

If you haven't got your fix of skate shoe related articles from this site today, QS shitted on us and put out this sick article about old school skate shoes. He's covering everything nowadays, we'll be out of work once he starts doing full shoe reviews.

I'm a little late but this might be the best news I've heard all day.

Must read btw, if you haven't already.

Be back on Monday with a Half-Cab post.
Have a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment